How to Care Guide
Never wrap the power cable around the Straightener as it will get damaged and can result in costly repairs.
When the straightener has cooled, fold the supply cord in the same way as it was first delivered in its packaging. Do not wind it around your hand or the body of the straightener and your straightener will deliver the results every time
Remember, your hair straightener is an electrical appliance and the plates achieve very high temperatures (typically 180ºC). So you need to be sensible and safe.
- Never use it in the bathroom, over washbowls or near water.
- Never touch the plates when they are hot.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Use styling aids and spray products away from the iron. Never spray directly onto the straightener.
- You should always inspect your straightener before you use it. If the straightener, power cord or plug is damaged, do not use it.
Cherish and protect
Your straightener is a robust, state-of-the-art product. Cherish it with the love and care it deserves and you will be rewarded with long, devoted service.
- Always switch your straightener off and unplug it after use
- Do not allow the hot plates to touch textiles, plastic materials, or heat-sensitive surfaces
- Always ensure that the hot plates do not come into contact with the supply cord: this could melt away the insulation and risk electrocution
- Never leave a hot straightener unattended
- Always allow the plates to cool before storing
- When the straightener is not in use, always lay it on a flat heat-resistant surface. Never hang the straightener by its cable
How to Spot a Fake GHD
a.) The first thing to consider is, where did you buy these from? Did you pay full market price
b.) All recent GHD’s have a serial number on the silver sticker opposite the on/off switch. You can register this number on the official GHD website at www.ghdhair.com – This will tell you if your GHD is
We also have a list of commonly found fake GHD serial numbers; if you have one of the following serial numbers you have a fake GHD.
4nhbn zeyuv 6a529
7s1g8 wvky9 xzhuz
561u1 cebzu 5g0ab
7awkx rsv9n y0g5p
4v177 38kkd un3kq
7kud4 g3fmx tn3ar
4nsc6 qmqn5 urr6d
666fv wr3k6 m1f0c
5xry2 7n902 sgb83
4wxut bf7k0 zkrpw
4a2rb kdkm1 mrcug
4hxmr 6zaeb d8d59
4a2rb kdkm1 mrcug
69w5k fyesx gzkvv
70pn7 9mt8z r2290
7bfas y3vpj crd18
548rw pe1kv f7w13
5qu7s 5f23n vrsfv
If you can register your straighteners with GHD they are the real deal but if the serial is not recognized then they no doubt are fake. There are a few exceptions that top this rule, early GHD’s did not have serial numbers and some early serial numbers are not on the GHD system. So this check is only for GHD’s bought
d.) There was a lot of limited edition
e.) Probably the quickest way to check if the
f.) If the GHD has a ‘stopper’ on one side of the hinge pin (as below) then it is fake.
h.) GHD iron wires are always connected to the PCB with a screw, if the wires are all soldered to the PCB as seen below the
i.) Check the mains power wires that connect from the PCB to the cable connector. Genuine
If you find out your GHD is fake, what should you do? Please don’t send them to us if you are sure they are fake, you could be charged with the return of them. Please do not try to fix them, they are often unsafe and can cause damage. The internal parts of the fakes are often cheaply put together and are very likely to break again even if you get them repaired. I am sorry to say but the only place for the fakes is the bin. It is an expensive lesson, but better that then holding a potential lethal weapon to your head.
Our best advise is to get your old set of genuine GHD’s fixed. If you have an older pair of straighteners in your house somewhere that have stopped working, well don’t fear we offer a repair service for your old GHD. We also have a good choice of new and refurbished straighteners to purchase from our store.
The information in the GHD counterfeit guide is the property of PAG Electronics. No unauthorized reproduction without prior consent.
Contact Desi Govender @ 0788299305 for any further assistance